Marvel Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Universe

Marvel Comic Heroes and Villains!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places Empty
PostSubject: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:09 am

Logan lurched a bit in the car, Dylan was driving faster than he should have, but so would have Logan. After they were on a highway, Logan streched his legs in the seat.

"So, Artie, what have you been up to, recently? Other than finding your mother." He said, and he tensed up again when he said mother again. He would have to tell Artemis soon. He had to keep to what he usually did with her, not trying to act fatherly. Although, he did that with her normally anyway...
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:27 am

Dylan drove the car in silence as Artie and Logan had their conversation. He wasn't gonna say anything cause it would just make things extremely awkward for all three of them. He swerved to the right to avoid a car and then got back in his lane, speeding ahead.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:30 am

"I..." She went a little red, thinking about things between Dylan and her. "Um... Well... My imaginary friend has run away, it seems. You remember Sterling. Used to pop out of nowhere because of my mind blah blah blah? Well, my split personality, Selene, somehow managed to kick him out. And then we somehow got split. So there's an extra me walking the Mansion... Let's hope she doesn't burn it down... Um, Dylan, I know that D- Wolverine and I can heal but you can't. Careful?"
Back to top Go down
http://marveluniverse.greatestboard.com
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:24 am

"Well at least you don't have to worry about loosing yourself anymore," Logan replied. He wasn't good at soothing others. That wasn't him.

"And you don't have to worry about Selene. I'm sure she'll be taken care of." He added, taking a sip of his alcoholic beverage. Logan wasn't quite the best with words either. It was more about actions. Wolverine agreed with 'Actions speak louder than words', because that's what he knew how to do. He took another sip of his beer.

"And what about you, bub?" He asked Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:41 am

Dylan glanced at Artie and then slowed down a bit and drived more carefully. He figured it was because half her mind was with Selene, but he thought she would remember that he could drive this thing off a cliff and still not get hurt thanks to his abilities. He shrugged the thought a side and continued driving.

He looked up at the mirror above him and glanced at Logan when he turned his question to Dylan. There were so many answeres he could give the man in the back seat. One being that he knew that he was Artie's father. Another being his activities with Artemis. And the third of the three most important thoughts, being that he was suspicious of the possibility that he had a mutant brother an dsister that were two halves of the same coin so to speak.

He wanted to spout out so many things but his personality traits and his current focus on not crashing prevented him from some kinda emotional spill. So he shrugged and answered, "Not much going on. Might go back to Gotham for a week or so when we're done here. Visit the family and all that."
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:05 am

Artemis narrowed her eyes at him. He'd seriously leave her behind? She sighed and looked up at the roof of the car. "D- Logan? I keep forgetting to ask. What did you do before I met you?"

She might as well ask some questions, try to bond and stuff. She flipped her dark hair over her shoulder and began to plait it. She listened to the car and the engine's sounds.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:48 am

"I did whatever I found needed to be done. My vengeance, helping out the X-Men here and there, I even worked for the avengers...I found more about my past." Wolverine told Artie. He knew he would bust up soon if Artemis kept on stuttering the D-. He could guess she was about to say 'Dad,' but he acted like he took no notice.

"If I haven't said it before, I'm the best at what I do, and what I do ain't pretty." He said, taking another sip of his beer.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:55 am

Dylan caught Artie's narrow glance at him and he sighed lightly. He manipulated a shadow to tape her leg and get her to look down. The shadows then molded into words. 'Artie. Don't think that I'd leave you without a word. After what we've been through then leaving you for no reason would just be the stupidest thing I could ever do. And besides. I said I might go to Gotham. That's not a garunteeded trip and even if it was then you should know I'd ask you if you wanted to come.'

He made a turn off a nearby ramp and then hung a left onto the next exit that came up. The shadow words stayed for as long as it would take for her to read them.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:32 am

Artemis looked down and saw his message. She nodded at him. She turned her attention back to her long lost father. "Um... So... What kind of people have you met, Logan?"

She was glad. And she wanted to know if he remembered Ilianne.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:03 am

"Plenty of people. Back in world war 2 I fought along side Captain America, or so I'm told. My memory of my past is screwed up thanks to the Weapon X project, but I'm sure I've already told you that. From what I can remember for a fact, is...well, I've killed plenty of people. I've also loved some people. I've meet too many people in my life, far more than I can remember. Although some I remember specifically. Captain America I've grown to trust, Cyclopes, Jean Gray, Beast, Nightcrawler... some normal day people too I've also had times with. One was Illiane, whom I had loved... but I don't want to talk about that." He told her, then finished his beer.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:21 am

Dylan restrained himself from saying anything as Logan went on about who he has come to know and other such things. The shadow words faded back to normal and he focused on the road ahead. However inside his head was a different story. Inside his mind a mental form of Dylan stood there in the middle of a broken black top road. Up ahead in the distance was a city that reflected lights like a safe haven. He tried to go to the city but something stopped him. He heard a voice say his name, 'Dylan....'

He turned and found a women possibly into her late-thirties maybe early-forties standin there. She had dark blond hair and calm hazel eyes that seemed to sooth even the most hated spirits. She had an air of familiarity about her that made Dylan almost wan to run up an hug her. But he disiciplined himself not to do that.

'Dylan..' She said again.

'Who are you? What do you want?'

'I just want to talk Dylan.'

'About what?'

'You, son.' She answered and then faded away as Dylan heard the sound of a truck horn blaring at him. It turns out that Dylan had started to dose and was almost starting to fall asleep. Weird seeing as he wasn't feeling tired at all. Dylan didn't realize that he has just had his first real shadow-pathic call. A call from his mother, Olivia Blackwood.....
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:36 am

Artemis' breath caught in her throat. She nodded, her expression one of sadness. "My mom was called Ilianne... I doubt you knew her, though."

It killed her to tell him that. "Ilianne Scrivello. Mom had me in London because I came early and she was on vacation. We lived in Mississippi for a while before moving to Canada... Mom was a powerful psychic, apparently."
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:14 am

"Odd," Is all Logan said when he was told by Artemis that her mom was named Illiane. But then the car jerked to the left. Logan shook his head when he seen Dylan regain control.

"Look, kid, I'll drive." He said, climbing over the center of the car, switching seats with Dylan. "Just sleep in the back, bub." Logan told him, sitting in the drivers seat, not caring about a seat belt or anything.

"What are you going to do when you meet you mom?" Wolverine asked Artemis, after he was in control. He kept a straight face, concentrating on the traffic in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:36 am

Dylan would've protested but a sudden wave of sleepiness washed over him. He vanished and reappeared in the back seat. He was lying on his side and once he closed his he was back on the broken road.

'Welcome back to your mind.' The woman from earlier said.
'Who are you? And where am I?' Dylan asked.
'I just told you. You're in your mind. As am I.' She stated.
'But...why does it look so morbid? And what is that city?'
'The mind is merely an astral projection of yourself, Dylan. This broken road is your memory path and the city is your destination. The lights along the way are memories of your happiest times. While the breaks in the road are of your saddest times. Dylan, you lead a neutral life so your mind is trying to balance itself. But that's changing in you, because of Artemis. I know you won't say it, son, but I know you love her. And while I don't make any certainties I can see that she must love you too.'
'You keep calling me son. But I don't know who you are.'[/i] Dylan said. He heard her speak of his love for Artemis. And some part of him knew she was right. He loved Artie like the very air he breathed. But his own selfishness wouldn't let him admit the truth. The truth was that he loved her, and he was afraid that telling her would make everything go wrong between them. Dylan was tossing around and his heart was thumping faster then just a minute ago. Why? Only he knew that answer.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:21 pm

"I... I don't know. I just... It's hard to put into words what I want to do. A part of me wants to be two years old again. Before that man came and she mad me go upstairs. He argued with Mom. I was listening in, you see. Mom yelled at him. Said I wasn't... Wow. I just thought. She told the guy that he may have been my father but I'll never be his daughter. That's harsh. I'd love a dad..."

She noticed Dylan thrashing. She leaned and place a hand on his arm, trying to see if that would help him. "His heart's going incredibly fast..."

The last thing she said to herself.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Wolverine squirmed a bit and clenched his teeth. Was now a good time to let it out? No, they would need to be more alone. But, would he just wait too long?

If she brings it up again, I'll tell her, Logan thought. and nodded subtly.

"Leave him be, he's probably just having a nightmare or something." He told Artemis, switching lanes and heading a bit more faster. Something that helped him with driving was his enhanced vision, so he could notice more subtle things.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Dylan relaxed a bit. The feeling of Artie's hand calmed him down but he was still thrashing a bit. Back in his mind he was drilling the woman who seemed to be avoiding answering who she was.
'Please. Tell me.' Dylan said to her but she shook her head.
'Dylan, if I tell you then everything in your life will be over. I don't want to hurt you by telling you.' She argued.
'Ive been put through probably the biggest hurt of my life. What would what you have to say change?'
'Dylan, Kayla loved you. But she's gone. I know you feel bad still but you've moved on, I can see it in your eyes. But what I tell you would make you question everything about your life. You'd never be the same after I tell you.' She said to him but after a minute she sighed knowing that she had no choice. 'Dylan, my name is Olivia. Olivia Blackwood. I'm your mother, Dylan.' She told him and then her image started to flicker.

'What? Wait! Don't go! Please! Mom!' He called out to her but she was being pulled away.
'Dylan, I love you, son. I'm so proud of you. I'll always be watching you. Same as your father.' She said and then flickered away.

Dylan shot awake, sweating profusely. "Mom!" He shouted without warning and then tears started to well up in his eyes. He buried his head into his knees and broke down, sobbing silently.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:11 pm

"Dylan!" Artemis said and climbed through the middle of the car to get to him, ripping her seatbelt with force and cutting her skin before being free to move. She hugged him close. "Hey... Hey, it's alright. What happened? A dream?"

She hugged him close to her chest and she looked at her father. "How long, Dad? Til we get there?"

She cradled Dylan in a caring fashion. "Shh. Shh. It's ok."
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Wolverine swerved the car at 'Dad', but he quickly got control of the vehicle. He did just say to himself that he would tell Artie.

"Look, I know I'm your Dad." Wolverine stated as tears welled up in his eyes. He did his best to hold them back. "I've known since that day on the Black Bird." He said, as some tears fell from his face.

"What's it like, being a father of a child who you just met not to long ago? Being a father of a child who you had loved like a daughter even before knowing? I...I know I'm a damn proud father." He told, although mostly to himself. He started to cry more, though his eyes were still glued to the road, in an odd trance and his vision being obstructed by his tears.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Dylan hugged Artemis and buried his face into her shoulder trying to stop the tears. Olivia was right, Dylan was questioning his whole life now. But he felt like he was accepting the things that he had been lied to about. His family in Gotham was protecting him, while his actual parents where in hiding...watching over him. Maybe Tristan and that girl....Silvie..were his brother an sister. So what? At least he had a family.

"Artemis...I....I saw my mom.." Dylan said to her but that was all that he could get out. He had resort to shadow words to tell about what had just happened. And thus the story of everything that happened form on the back of the driver's seat.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:56 am

Artemis felt stressed. She had accidentally called Wolverine. And worse, she had been right and he had heard her on the jet. Her grip on Dylan tightened. He'd seen his mother. Her head hurt. Her vision tunnelled. She closed her eyes and pinched the brisge of her nose. Waves of... just a sensation of some sort rolled through her repeatedly. She couldn't handle it. She didn't know what to do. Was that...? No... She couldn't feel nausia. She never felt nausia. And yet here she was.

"Look, Dylan, I'm not sure of how to react to that. I can't do or say anything without verbally harming you on accident. Wolverine- Logan- Dad- whatever. I'm sorry I kept it from you, ok. It was a new discovery to me to. Sterling resurfaced an old memory. You were the one in that argument. And I must say, back then I thought your hair was ridiculous," she said. She couldn't speak any longer. She groaned a little and had to sit back.

"I don't feel so good," she mumbled to the universe and herself. Her mismatched eyes glazed a little. It was incredible. She felt sick. This should have been impossible. She knew that if she waited long enough, it would leave her. Her grip slackened on Dylan and she put her head between her knees in an effort to make her nausia go away.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:40 am

Logan chuckled when she said his hair looked ridiculous then, though he was sobbing silently.

"It's...it's all right," He said, his tears running down his face and onto his lap. "You're going to be fine," He said. "You're going to be fine," He repeated, soothingly.

Logan was not one for emotions. Never was. He still didn't really know how to register that Artemis was his daughter. Was he supposed to be angry at himself for not knowing? Was he supposed to be angry at Artemis? He didn't know. Right now, he was proud. Proud to be her father.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:28 am

Dylan calmed down a bit and then heard that she felt nauseous. He sniffled and wiped his face and then hugged her in return. The shadows faded away and Dylan held her in his arms. "I knew too, Logan. I was sitting beside Artie when she mumbled it on the jet. I wouldve told you but I wasn't sure if you heard her and of how you'd react." He told Logan and then turned to Artemis.

"Im not asking you to say anything. I'm just glad that you probably understand what I just went through. So thank you." He said to her quietly and calmly. He was feeling better. A lot better then he had felt in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:43 am

She nodded. Even she was unsure of who she was nodding at. Slowly the nausia left her and she felt better. Gingerly, she sat back up. "This is one hell of a trip... First I accidentally call Logan Dad then Dylan sees his mother. And now I'm nicknaming this trip Family Time."

She sighed. "How long, Logan? How long till we reach Chicago?"
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:28 am

"Five hours. Luckily the mechanics at the X Mansion put a large gas tank on this thing, so if you guys can hold your bladder and stomach long enough we don't have to stop the car during the trip." Logan said, getting a hold of himself. He sniffed and wiped his face with a hand.

"I can make it quicker if you want me to drive faster," Logan suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places   HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places Empty

Back to top Go down

HIGHWAY TO HELL! And other places
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next