Marvel Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Universe

Marvel Comic Heroes and Villains!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On The Roof

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Artemis walked up, looking for him. She wasn't sure if she wanted to yell, scream or kiss him but she looked. "Dylan? You up here?"

She listened intently for him.
Back to top Go down
http://marveluniverse.greatestboard.com
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Dylan was sitting at the edge of the roof looking out at the ocean ahead. He turned his head when he heard Artemis's voice and he smirked at her. He turned his head back to the waters that were out over the cliff. "Over here." He told her without giving her a backwards glance.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 pm

She walked over, listening to his heart beat. She sat beside him. "Hey there," she greeted. "So what's so interesting about being up here?"
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:24 pm

"The calm. The quiet. The being alone. Take your pick there are a lot of reason why I'd prefer to be up here." He told her and then spit a toothpick he had in his mouth out into the air. A shadow portal appeared and caught the little stick of wood. Dylan sighed silently.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm

"What's wrong?" she asked. "I mean, what's with the sigh? And if you like the alone, why tell me you'd be up here?"

She stuck her hand our and concentrated on the moisture in the air. She extended her index finger and swirled it around, water form and following her finger in figure eights.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 pm

"I don't know... I guess you're different from most people that I've met. You get me....in a weird way. I'm..I'm not really sure what I mean to say." He told her and lied back on the roof not really sure what he was getting at.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:41 pm

"Meaning we can connect?" Artie asked, lying back with him. She propped her head up wth hre arms and looked at the clouds. "We hated eachother at first, Dylan. Or at least, that's how it seemed. I even disconnected my spine getting away from you."
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 pm

"Yeah. And now we've just....slept...with each other. It's like we are deadest on doing one thing and then doing a complete 180 on each other." He said in agreement with her. Did he like her? Its weird....The last girl Dylan felt anything for.....well that's a long and painful memory that still haunts Dylan's mind. He had remembered his promise not to get attached to anyone else and yet here he is going back on his decision.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Artie nodded. "I agree..."

She watched the water swirling in figure eights. Oddly, his tone sent her back about sixteen years to the day her mother 'died.' She frowned and muttered, "And crawling on the planet's face... some insects called the human race... lost in time... lost in space... and meaning... I never got what those lyrics could mean before. I always assumed that it could be used for Brotherhood propaganda or whatever. It was my mother's favourite song..."

She seemed to be talking mainly to herself, distant as the memory of her mother's chest wide open from the gun shot filled her and consumed the lights in her eyes, making her look near dead herself. If it weren't for her blinking, her breathing, she would have been mistaken for a corpse, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Dylan sighed but smiled lightly at Artemis. "It's sounds like a song I would enjoy..." He muttered and turned his head to face her. He watched her for the longest time not sure why. Soon he gently brushed his fingers against her cheek and scooted a bit closer to her. "Artemis....what are we anyway. Not talking literally but in a......relationship with each other?" He asked her
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

"I'd say... at the moment... we're frienemies with benefits. I'm not sure how much I trust you yet," she said. "I mean... I don't know who to trust anyway... And the benefits include earlier activities and such. So... I guess we're a thing but not a thing..."

She frowned at her explanation.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Dylan raised an eyebrow but didn't ask her any more questions. "Sounds food enough to me." He said and lightly kissed her cheek. He just wish he could stop though......
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:07 pm

She looked at his face for the longest time. "What's really wrong?" she asked, her voice serious as she stared into his eyes, an act she hardly ever does.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Dylan sighed and looked up at the sky... "It's a long story....one that brings me nothing but pain when I think about it....." He told her tryin to let the subject drop and not continue it.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

"You don't have to, you know?" she said to him. "But if you tell me yours... I'll tell you mine."

She didn't like discussing her mother's death. But she would with him.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Dylan glanced at her wondering what could be haunting her past. He relented though and started his tale. Apparently not long after leaving Gotham to find his own path, Dylan found three other mutants that he quickly bonded with. The three were Dominic, Kayla, and Justin. Dylan and the three had stuck together for what they thought would be forever....Dylan and Kayla actually growing very close as time wore on. Dylan stopped for a moment and then finished the story with a feeling of how Dylan had to leave the group for a time and then tension arose between Dom, Kayla, And Justin. Dominic struck out on the other two and killed them without warning. Dylan found out and was registered by the loss of his first love. He told her abot the promise he made and how he was going back on himself now being there with her. A single tear welled up in his eye and dripped down silently and Dylan say up. "Dominic is still out there....I have to find him. Make him pay for killing them" He finally said finishing his tale.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

"My turn?" she asked, taking his words in. She told him about her earliest memory. "I was two... Two years old when Mom died. We were living in Canada at the time. Alberta. Northern, I think. Anyway, the night before... Mom had a visitor. She wouldn't let me see them. she sent me upstairs but I listened as they argued. They argued about me. The man left... and the next morning, I woke up, dressed... Went downstairs. Mom wasn't in the kitchen. She wasn't in any room. And then I checked the sitting room. Mom was in there. I couldn't see her properly. I talked to her, scared anyway. I could smell the blood. Because when I came into her full view..."

Artemis had tears in her eyes and her voice started to wobble. She turned away for a second.

"She'd be slashed at so... so violently, so messily that... that... SHe was still alive when I found her. She made me run, take her knife and run. She made me promise to take care. She recited the lyrics to her favourite song, 'Superheroes' in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. And she- she told me she loved me.... And then I ran... I got into a gang, grew up... And now... Now she's apparently alive. I got a text a few days back with a picture of her alive and well with no massive gouge in her chest... And it sickens me. Because there are so many people who can shape-shift... And I know it could be a fake..."
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Dylan listened to her shocked by what she had told him. He didnt say a word at all. He just pulled her up and wrapped her in his arms. "I....Artemis....I'll be right here for you..." He whispered to her and Let her bury her face into his shoulder if she wanted to. He didn't need to be a mind reader of anything for that matter that would show that she needed a hug and he was the only there to give it.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:58 pm

She turned to him and she did indeed hug him, not allowing heself to cry after years of self-training not to do so. She closed her eyes and just existed there for a while. She breathed as if asleep, slowly and calmly, but she wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Dylan didn't question her choice not to cry. After what she was going through then she was free to do what she wanted as far as he was holding her in his arms. He squeezed her gently and kissed her cheek. "I'm here to help you, Artie. Don't forgot that." He muttered to her and the misson.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

"I... I know," she whispered. She gulped. "I don't cry. I won't cry. I can't..."
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Dylan nodded at her and held her close. "I'm not asking you to cry. I'm just hoping that this will work out for you to where it really is your mom. If it isn't......I don't know what I would do to the person that are playing your emotions...." He said to her in a whisper and held her close to him.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 am

Artemis swallowed and pressed her lips together, burying her face even further into Dylan's shoulder. She kept her grip firm. Above them the water still ran in figure eights as if continuously flowing in an endless cycle.

((Doesn't really make sense to me myself but a post is a post.))
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:00 am

Dylan sighed and rubbed her back supportively. "It'll be ok, Artie. I'm not sure how but I'm sure things will be ok." He said to her as he stared out to the ocean.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:07 am

Artemis nodded and shakily sat up. She stared ahead at the ocean, her view clear because of her heightened senses. She snapped her fingers and the water dispersed. She stood up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On The Roof Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Roof   On The Roof Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Roof
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marvel Universe :: RP Area :: North America :: New York :: Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters-
Jump to: