Marvel Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Universe

Marvel Comic Heroes and Villains!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hope of the Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

The Hope of the Future Empty
PostSubject: The Hope of the Future   The Hope of the Future EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:37 am

Johnathon, holding onto his hand, made his way to the large mansion owned by the one and only Professor Xavier. John's dad had told him that if he ever needed to contact him to see Xavier, one of the greatest telepaths in history. Johnathon opened the wooden doors of the facility, and was greeted by the many sounds of teenagers -- kids his age, roaming the halls, books at hand, venturing off to their next class.

John hadn't stayed here very long, but he had stayed here long enough to know the location of Xavier's office. He walked to the left, where there was another door. This one quite normal compared to the large doors of the entrance. Johnathon opened the door, to see the bald man known as Xavier, sitting in his advanced wheel chair, in deep contemplation.

"Er...Professor?" John asked him. Xavier's hands lowered, as his eyes seemingly penetrated John. He looked to be a calculating man, yet at peace.

"Yes?" Xavier replied back. His voice was obviously an old one and was filled with wisdom, but had a sense of youth in it.

"We have some information that needs to be passed along to Zachary Elessar, my father. See, I'm from --"

"Yes, I know. Zachary has told me about it. You are trying to find Delta, the clone of your father, correct?" Xavier interrupted John. John nodded.

"With my permission, may I look into your mind?" Xavier asked. John again nodded his head. And, just like that, it seemed his past memories were being brought up, from the subway, from seeing Annie tortured for the information John had, from leaving the area they were at with a shake of the earth. Xavier still kept his face a stern one, not showing very much emotion.

"You two were very brave in Delta's base of operations." Xavier spoke gently. John smiled a small amount, but there was much more important matters at hand.

"Professor, we know where Delta is. If we could send in some--"

"We cannot." Xavier interrupted John again. "It would be most illogical to send in X-Men into the home of Delta. Do you not think he has pondered the possibility of intruders?"

"No, sir. Sorry, sir." John quickly spoke.

"But...yes...that would explain why I felt such a disturbance in that area of the city. Delta is the opposite of Zachary in terms of powers, correct?" Xavier asked.

"Yes," John replied.

"And I noticed when Zachary becomes enraged, he has super strength...which means Delta must have telekinesis when he's enraged." Xavier said rather calmly, as if he was talking about what Abraham Lincoln said many years ago.

"Sir, can't you access Delta's mind?" John asked, hoping for something to do now that they knew the location of Delta.

"No, I cannot. Delta has secured himself in a fortress that I cannot access mentally." Xavier answered.

"But...what are we to do now? Wait until Delta slaughters a crowd of innocent people?" Johnathon asked, now become agitated.

"No. But nor does it call for a plan of direct attack. I will send some of my more stealthy X-Men to investigate. In the mean time, you are welcome to stay here. You've had a long walk, and you are both tired."

"Sir, but we know where Delta is! We have the upper hand!" John said to him, annoyed.

"I understand your concern. Have you not considered my experience, John?" Xavier said. John bowed his head a bit and nodded.

"Make yourselves at home," Xavier said, gesturing them out. John nodded, and headed out, closing the door behind him after Annie headed out. John was still a bit angry with the professor, but wouldn't argue. Xavier was right, he had more experience than he did.

"So, I guess we should pick a dorm to stay in," John spoke after a moment's silence to Annie.
Back to top Go down
Delirium
Of The Endless
Of The Endless
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: The Hope of the Future   The Hope of the Future EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:02 am

Annie was quiet and oddly shy. She shrank a little when she looked up and around. She swallowed. "This place is big," she said quietly. She looked at John and moved closer to him. "I'm not good with people..."
Back to top Go down
http://marveluniverse.greatestboard.com
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Hope of the Future   The Hope of the Future EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 pm

"You don't have to worry about it," John comforted her by placing an arm around her shoulders. "We'll pick a dorm and hang out there until we're needed. In the mean time, we'll finally be able to relax." He said. This piece of information alone made him feel more at ease. Running a hand through his hair, he looked up at the stairs.

"C'mon, let's pick a room," John said, walking up the stairs.

OOC: Continued here: http://marveluniverse.greatestboard.com/t268-john-and-annie-s-dorm
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Thor/Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Hope of the Future   The Hope of the Future EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:22 pm

There was no distinctive noise, nothing but the appearance of the eighteen year old man, the older scientist in his lab coat, and his daughter. Professor X was currently looking through his book shelf. He was in a composed demeanor as usual, but there was something... some small thing that made him looked stressed all the same. With the sense of the presence of others, the professor turned his wheelchair the opposite way and faced the three people.

"Hello there," He simply spoke, now rolling closer his visitors.

Zack was never a person to find others as role models. He found specific deeds that people did amazing sometimes, but would never ask himself in tough situations what that specific person would do at a time like this. He would do what he did what he found necessary to do.

But Professor X seemed to be the exception to that.

Composed in stress, not hinting worry or anything that would make someone nervous -- that always calm demeanor that looked so wise and brilliant. Zack knew he worked better under stress, but he also knew he could be very pessimistic at times. Professor X, though? 'Hello there.' That was all he said, in his calming voice.

"Er...hello, Professor." Zack replied with a small bow. "You requested me, sir?"

"Yes -- and there's no need to bow. I assume you've talked to Dr. Freeman and his daughter about Delta?"

"Yes I have, sir."

"Good...well, it seems your clone has found something."

"Found what?"

"That I'm not too sure. I can only say that he is significantly more powerful than what he was before."

"Damn... he's found the gem, then."

"Now, this is all wonderful, but I must say that I would like for this to get to the point, I --"

"Doctor Freeman," Professor X turned to him with a raised brow. "Surely you must know why you are here."

"I -- I do not!" The Doctor said, taken aback as if insulted.

"It is not my choice to tell, then. You know why you are here. In any case, according to the spies I have sent to the hideout of Delta, he plans to attack the X Mansion soon. There is no specific date, but one can assume he will attack with his own group. A group probably as powerful as him, which, allow me to stress, is enough power to destroy Manhattan without very much thought." Professor Xavier replied as he turned his chair back around to the book shelf.

"Zack, you know where your dorm lies. Doctor? Would you mind staying with me? And -- er..."

"Her name is Alyx." The doctor aided.

"Alyx. There's a dorm next to Zack that's open if you wish to go there."

"What is it you want from me?" asked the doctor.

"Good bye, you two. If you wish to train, there's the danger room." Xavier said, almost ignoring the doctor as the two teens left the room, Zack closing the door. He was curious, but Xavier knew more than he did, so he guessed he should listen.

"What do you wish to do, Alyx?" Zack asked, thinking of training. It had been a while, and though rest sounded alluring at the moment, he wasn't too tired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hope of the Future   The Hope of the Future Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hope of the Future
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marvel Universe :: RP Area :: North America :: New York :: Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters-
Jump to: